January 23, 2013

March for Life Reflection Prayer

 
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
 Allow me to bring peace to the war on women, the war on life. Allow me to be an example of peace through my own life and at the March.
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Allow me to choose to love those around me, regardless of their stance on abortion. Allow me to see each of these men and women as a whole person made in Your image.
where there is injury, pardon;
Allow me to forgive those who have funded and promoted lies about abortion. Allow me to pray especially for those who feel forced to participate in this tragedy.
where there is doubt, faith;
Allow me to remain faithful in this fight for life. Allow me to trust in Your will and continued presence here with us.
where there is despair, hope;
Allow me to bring hope to the prolife movement. Allow me to be an example of hope in our world for a culture of life and love.
where there is darkness, light;
Allow me to bring light to the darkness surrounding abortion. Allow me to be a light for You to work through and call others to You.
and where there is sadness, joy.
Allow me to bring joy to Washington D.C. and the March for Life. Allow me to recognize each and every day as a gift and to fill each of my days with joy.
 
-St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment